Bicyclists hurt in crashSeptember 09,2013RIPTON — Police said a Massachusetts man on a motorcycle struck a pair of bicycle riders Sunday afternoon.
Police said David A. Green, 55, of Somerville, Mass., was riding west on Route 125 was with a group of motorcyclists when he entered a curve and lost control of his 2013 Victory Judge motorcycle.
According to police, Green laid down the bike and collided with a pair cyclists, who were also part of a larger group riding west.
Police said one of the bicyclists — Jake A. Barker, 19, of Steamboat Springs, Colo. — suffered cuts and a possible fracture to his hand. The other cyclist — Kai Wiggins, 19, of East Greenbush, R.I. — suffered some scrapes and was taken to Porter Medical Center, as was Green, who also suffered scrapes and bruising.
Police said speed contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.