Stratton G. CorsonesSeptember 09,2013
Stratton G. CorsonesStratton G. Corsones Rites
The funeral service for Stratton G. Corsones, 85, of Rutland and Naples, Fla., who died Sept. 1, 2013, was held Saturday, Sept. 7, at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Nicanor Kutelas, pastor.
Theodore and Deane Corsones offered remembrances.
Burial followed in Evergreen Cemetery.
Military honors were provided by Veterans of Foreign War Post 648 and American Legion Post 31. James Burke made the flag presentation. Taps were sounded by Ron Fairbanks.
A reception followed at Rutland Country Club.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.