THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
BURLINGTON ó The Burlington City Council is voting on a deal that would transfer ownership of a downtown parking lot to Vermontís Champlain College, which plans to build apartment-style housing on the site for about 300 students.
The council is scheduled to vote tonight on whether to proceed with the $1.1 million deal for what is now a parking lot at St. Paul and King streets.
Champlain owns the adjacent property. The college would like to begin work this fall. Construction could begin in January.
The cityís Board of Finance unanimously approved the proposed property sale at its meeting last Tuesday.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation