N.Y. man accused of fifth DUISeptember 07,2013NY man charged
with his fifth DUI
BENNINGTON — A New York man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving.
Tracy Moore, 49, of Hoosick Falls, N.Y., pleaded innocent to the felony charge Tuesday in Bennington criminal court. He was released without bail.
Police said Moore’s blood-alcohol content was 0.17 percent at a sobriety checkpoint on Hunt Street in Bennington at about 9:15 p.m. Friday. A second test around 11 p.m. recorded 0.147 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
Tienken said Moore’s previous DUI convictions were all in New York: June 1987, June 1989, July 1997 and May 2008.
Moore was allowed to drive home to Hoosick Falls after his plea, but ordered not to drive after that.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.