N.Y. man accused of fifth DUISeptember 07,2013NY man charged
with his fifth DUI
BENNINGTON — A New York man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving.
Tracy Moore, 49, of Hoosick Falls, N.Y., pleaded innocent to the felony charge Tuesday in Bennington criminal court. He was released without bail.
Police said Moore’s blood-alcohol content was 0.17 percent at a sobriety checkpoint on Hunt Street in Bennington at about 9:15 p.m. Friday. A second test around 11 p.m. recorded 0.147 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
Tienken said Moore’s previous DUI convictions were all in New York: June 1987, June 1989, July 1997 and May 2008.
Moore was allowed to drive home to Hoosick Falls after his plea, but ordered not to drive after that.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Two senior Islamic State group leaders were killed in U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.