N.Y. man accused of fifth DUISeptember 07,2013NY man charged
with his fifth DUI
BENNINGTON — A New York man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving.
Tracy Moore, 49, of Hoosick Falls, N.Y., pleaded innocent to the felony charge Tuesday in Bennington criminal court. He was released without bail.
Police said Moore’s blood-alcohol content was 0.17 percent at a sobriety checkpoint on Hunt Street in Bennington at about 9:15 p.m. Friday. A second test around 11 p.m. recorded 0.147 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
Tienken said Moore’s previous DUI convictions were all in New York: June 1987, June 1989, July 1997 and May 2008.
Moore was allowed to drive home to Hoosick Falls after his plea, but ordered not to drive after that.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.