N.Y. man accused of fifth DUISeptember 07,2013NY man charged
with his fifth DUI
BENNINGTON — A New York man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving.
Tracy Moore, 49, of Hoosick Falls, N.Y., pleaded innocent to the felony charge Tuesday in Bennington criminal court. He was released without bail.
Police said Moore’s blood-alcohol content was 0.17 percent at a sobriety checkpoint on Hunt Street in Bennington at about 9:15 p.m. Friday. A second test around 11 p.m. recorded 0.147 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
Tienken said Moore’s previous DUI convictions were all in New York: June 1987, June 1989, July 1997 and May 2008.
Moore was allowed to drive home to Hoosick Falls after his plea, but ordered not to drive after that.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.