Vesta Fenton RitesSeptember 07,2013Vesta Fenton Rites
CASTLETON — The memorial service for Vesta Fenton, 94, who died Aug. 29, 2013, at her home in Castleton, was held Friday, Sept. 6, at the Federated Church in Castleton.
The Rev. Robert A. Noble III, pastor, officiated.
Organist was Terry DeYoung.
Vocalist was Kelley Avery.
A reading was by Elizabeth Fenton.
A reception followed in the church hall.
Arrangements were with the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Bayada Hospice Foundation, Gryphon Building Suite 310, 56˝ Merchants Row, Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.