Teacher facing sex charges pleads guiltyTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | September 07,2013BURLINGTON — A former Burlington high school Spanish teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has pleaded guilty to four misdemeanor counts of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Forty-four-year-old Giovanna Yaranga was sentenced on Friday to probation and will have to register on the state’s sex offender registry for 10 years and get counseling as part of the plea deal.
Yaranga had pleaded not guilty in May to four felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor. She later pleaded not guilty to a charge of violating her conditions of release by contacting the student after a judge ordered her to stay away from the 17-year-old boy.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation