HARDWICK — Vermont State Police and the family of a Vermont man killed 36 years ago in Hardwick in an unsolved crime are each offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction, or other resolution of the case.
Sixty-four-year old Bernard Ewen was killed at his residence on July 16, 1977. Police say he was strangled to death.
Ewen’s daughter is now offering a $5,000 reward; Vermont State Police also are offering the same reward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Kelley Clark at the Vermont State Police Derby Barracks at (802)-334-8881 or to the State Police Crime Information Tip Line at (802)-241-5355. People may also submit anonymous tips by texting “CRIMES” (274637) with keyword: VTIPS or online at http://vsp.vermont.gov/tipsubmit.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.