Woman sentenced to more than year for drug offenseSeptember 05,2013A Rutland woman who pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiring to distribute heroin and crack cocaine in the area was sentenced to 15 months in jail Wednesday.
Judge Christina Reiss also sentenced Annette Rider, 45, to three years of supervised release following her incarceration.
According to the U.S. Attorney’s office, Rider was part of a group that sold heroin and crack cocaine in Rutland during the spring of 2011. During that time, the Vermont Drug Task Force made several undercover purchases of drugs from Rider.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.