Vt. man accused
of assault at store
WEST FAIRLEE — Vermont State Police have arrested a distraught man at a convenience store on a charge of aggravated assault with a weapon, accusing him of threatening two men with a knife.
Police said Edwin Huntley, 38, of Fairlee was arrested Tuesday at the B&B Cash Market in West Fairlee. They said he got into an argument with two men and is accused of threatening them and punching one.
Police discovered a warrant was already out for Huntley’s arrest, and he was wanted for questioning in another assault case from last month.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full StorySHEFFIELD — Galway Kinnell — the former state poet laureate whose work used the landscape of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.