Woman pulled from burning carSeptember 04,2013POWNAL — A New York woman was pulled from her crashed car before fire could trap her inside Tuesday, police said.
Heather Partridge, 33, of Saratoga Springs, N.Y., was driving a 2004 Honda Civic south on Route 7, just north of Jackson Cross Road, around 6:30 a.m. when the car drifted off the west side of the road and rolled onto its side, according to Vermont State Police.
Witness Michael Andrews of Southbury, Conn., told police the car started to smoke and caught fire. Andrews, along with James Belanger of North Adams, Mass., Bruce Cooper, of Florida, Mass., and Timothy Criss, of Shaftsbury helped Partridge get out of the car before the fire engulfed it.
Partridge was taken to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington by the Bennington Rescue Squad. The extent of Partridge’s injuries are unknown at this time.
The Pownal Fire Department also responded to the scene.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.