Florence E. LaCrossSeptember 04,2013Florence E. LaCross
WEST RUTLAND — Florence E. LaCross, 77, died Sept. 2, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation in Rutland.
She was born in North Clarendon, April 18, 1936, daughter of Roy and Lillian (Barrett) Pitts.
She married William M. LaCross on Aug. 14, 1955.
She enjoyed making crafts for the Farmers Market.
Survivors include her husband, William M. LaCross of West Rutland; a son, Michael LaCross of West Rutland; a daughter, Barbara Giffin of Rutland; five grandchildren and a great-grandson; and a sister, Elaine Cole of Florida.
She was predeceased by two brothers and a sister, Edgar and Oscar Pitts, and Bernice Horton.
A graveside service will be held Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, in Calvary Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.