Florence E. LaCrossSeptember 04,2013Florence E. LaCross
WEST RUTLAND — Florence E. LaCross, 77, died Sept. 2, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation in Rutland.
She was born in North Clarendon, April 18, 1936, daughter of Roy and Lillian (Barrett) Pitts.
She married William M. LaCross on Aug. 14, 1955.
She enjoyed making crafts for the Farmers Market.
Survivors include her husband, William M. LaCross of West Rutland; a son, Michael LaCross of West Rutland; a daughter, Barbara Giffin of Rutland; five grandchildren and a great-grandson; and a sister, Elaine Cole of Florida.
She was predeceased by two brothers and a sister, Edgar and Oscar Pitts, and Bernice Horton.
A graveside service will be held Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, in Calvary Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.