Vt car search after robbery finds dummy grenadeThe Associated Press | September 04,2013MORRISTOWN — Vermont State Police had a scare when they were searching a car after a robbery and found what appeared to be a hand grenade.
Police say they also found what appeared to be a gun and notes threatening to use the weapons during Friday’s search, which followed Thursday’s robbery at the Kinney Drugs store in Cambridge.
The car was parked outside the Morristown Police Department, which was ordered evacuated. A state police bomb squad was called in. The grenade turned out to be a dummy, and the gun turned out to be an air gun.
Police say they do not believe the case was related to the discovery of a live hand grenade outside a Morrisville restaurant Aug. 21.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation