Baybutt leader facing sex chargeAugust 31,2013Baybutt leader
facing sex charge
Keene, N.H. - The president of a once-prominent Keene construction company has been charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault and kidnapping, the Keene Sentinel reported.
Frederick L. Baybutt, 53, of Keene, is accused of sexually assaulting a woman “through the actual application of physical force,” and kidnapping the woman by preventing her from leaving the residence where the incident allegedly occurred, according to complaints from N.H. State Police.
Arrest warrants and police affidavits related to the case have been sealed by the court until Sept. 27, according to a clerk at 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene.
In February, Baybutt filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, stating he owed between $1 million and $10 million to creditors (filings do not allow for more specific numbers). Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows the debtor to reorganize while being shielded from creditors.
Baybutt Construction was accused not paying subcontractors for projects, including the Keene fire station, the Rockingham Town Library and the state office building in Vermont.
Baybutt Construction Corp., a family-run business, was founded in 1964.
Frederick Baybutt was arraigned in 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene on Friday morning and ordered held on $10,000 cash bail. He has a probable cause hearing scheduled in the Keene court on Sept. 4.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.