Today at the fairAugust 31,2013Albert J. Marro / Staff Photo
Amanda McGill works on the sign for one of the displays at the Vermont State Fair in Rutland. The fair opened Friday and will run through Sept. 8. McGill is the assistant superintendent of the Grange division at the fair.Today is the first full day of the Vermont State Fair.
Maple products will be judged in the Maple Building at 10 a.m., and Grange exhibit judging will be at 10:30 a.m. in the Bergstrom Building, along with giant pumpkin judging.
The midway and exhibits open at 11 a.m.
The Rabbit Show begins at 11 a.m. in the Pet & Poultry Building.
The floraculture entries can be seen in the Bergstrom Building each day from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the Wild Flower arrangements featured today.
Greg Burroughs performs on the Sugarhouse Stage at noon, 2:30, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Rosaire’s Racing Pigs run at 12:30, 3:30, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.
The 4-H Club has four events: Goat Show at 1 p.m. in the Show Tent, Rabbit Showmanship at 2 p.m., Fashion Show at 4 p.m., both in the 4-H Building, and Animal Costume Class at 7 p.m. in the show tent.
The culinary arts judging is at 1 p.m. in the Bergstrom Building.
Daredevils Unlimited are at 1:30, 3, 6 and 9 p.m.
Horses, Horses, Horses perform at 2, 4:30 and 8 p.m.
Great Little Bear Show begins at 2:30, 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.
Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for seniors over 62, $4 for children 6 to 12 years, and free for children under 6. Parking is $3.
Ride from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for $20 wristband.
For ticket reservations and information, call 775-5200, or email email@example.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.