CAMBRIDGE — Vermont State Police have arrested three people in connection with an armed robbery at a pharmacy in Cambridge.
Police said man and two women entered Kinney Drugs on Thursday afternoon. The man pulled out a handgun and demanded opiates and stimulant drugs from the pharmacist.
The pharmacist handed over some drugs, and the three left. No one was hurt.
The three were traveling in a car that was tracked down by police about an hour later.
Police said 38-year-old Russell John Thaxton of Starksboro was arrested on assault and robbery charges. They said 31-year-old Amanda Tetrault of Eden and 30-year-old Jennifer Stancliff of Morrisville were charged with accessory aiding in the commission of a felony.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Scientists and public health officials are studying a Vermont whooping cough... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?