Daniel J. McCarthy RitesAugust 30,2013Daniel J. McCarthy Rites
The memorial service for Daniel Joseph McCarthy, 84, who died Aug. 23, 2013, was held Tuesday, Aug. 27, at the Aldous Funeral Home. The Rev. Michael Ramos, O.F.M. Cap., and the Rev. William Whiteman officiated.
Reader was Sr. Margaret McDevitt.
A reception followed at American Legion Post #31 in Rutland.
Burial was held in the South Village Cemetery in Dorset. Military honors were provided by the American Legion Post #31 Color Guard. The flag was presented by Ron Fairbanks. Taps was sounded by Jim Mills. Flag folders were John Manney, Bill Champine, and John Malosky.
Bagpiper was Gerry Cashion.
Memorial contributions may be made to Oba Herschberger (an Amish family in Illinois), c/o Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.