Daniel J. McCarthy RitesAugust 30,2013Daniel J. McCarthy Rites
The memorial service for Daniel Joseph McCarthy, 84, who died Aug. 23, 2013, was held Tuesday, Aug. 27, at the Aldous Funeral Home. The Rev. Michael Ramos, O.F.M. Cap., and the Rev. William Whiteman officiated.
Reader was Sr. Margaret McDevitt.
A reception followed at American Legion Post #31 in Rutland.
Burial was held in the South Village Cemetery in Dorset. Military honors were provided by the American Legion Post #31 Color Guard. The flag was presented by Ron Fairbanks. Taps was sounded by Jim Mills. Flag folders were John Manney, Bill Champine, and John Malosky.
Bagpiper was Gerry Cashion.
Memorial contributions may be made to Oba Herschberger (an Amish family in Illinois), c/o Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!