Stanley P. LafkoAugust 28,2013
Stanley P. LafkoStanley P. Lafko
WEATHERSFIELD — Stanley P. Lafko, 60, died Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013, at his home.
He was born June 10, 1953, in Springfield, the son of Walter and Nathalie (Stariknok) Lafko.
He attended Springfield schools, graduating from Springfield High School, Class of 1971.
He was employed as a machine tool mechanic at Bryant Grinder, Jones and Lamson, and Vermont Machine Tool in Springfield. He also worked at Okemo Mountain as a lift operator.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing and carpentry.
Survivors include a daughter, Nicole Lafko of Colchester; two sisters, Catherine Didero of Springfield, and Janis Kiehle of Brattleboro; and nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by his parents, and a son Justin Lafko.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013, at the Bow Cemetery in Weathersfield Bow. The Rev. Peter Williams, pastor of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, will officiate.
A gathering and celebration of his life will be held following the graveside service at 151 Melody Lane in Weathersfield, just up the road from the cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, N.H. 03766.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?