Mother accused of smoking pot with teenAugust 27,2013Staff Report
BENNINGTON — A North Bennington mother is facing criminal charges after police said they believed she was smoking marijuana with her 15-year-old son.
Abigail L. Drown, 35, of North Bennington, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In an affidavit, Officer William DiNunzio, of the Bennington Police Department, said Leon Hamilton, Drown's ex-husband and father of her three sons, made a report to police July 2.
Hamilton said he was “concerned with the pot smoking and drinking going on when the sons go to visit.”
Two sons, who were 18 and 15 at the time, live with Hamilton and a third son, who is 12, lives with Drown.
In a written statement, the 15-year-old said he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his mother at the house when he
visited but said “weed was the most drug use in the house.”
According to DiNunzio, the Vermont Department of Children and Families was already investigating the allegations when he called them to make a report.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Josh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Full StoryWHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Royalton man denied charges that he pointed a gun at a woman and her... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.