Mother accused of smoking pot with teenAugust 27,2013Staff Report
BENNINGTON — A North Bennington mother is facing criminal charges after police said they believed she was smoking marijuana with her 15-year-old son.
Abigail L. Drown, 35, of North Bennington, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In an affidavit, Officer William DiNunzio, of the Bennington Police Department, said Leon Hamilton, Drown's ex-husband and father of her three sons, made a report to police July 2.
Hamilton said he was “concerned with the pot smoking and drinking going on when the sons go to visit.”
Two sons, who were 18 and 15 at the time, live with Hamilton and a third son, who is 12, lives with Drown.
In a written statement, the 15-year-old said he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his mother at the house when he
visited but said “weed was the most drug use in the house.”
According to DiNunzio, the Vermont Department of Children and Families was already investigating the allegations when he called them to make a report.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.