Mother accused of smoking pot with teenAugust 27,2013Staff Report
BENNINGTON — A North Bennington mother is facing criminal charges after police said they believed she was smoking marijuana with her 15-year-old son.
Abigail L. Drown, 35, of North Bennington, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In an affidavit, Officer William DiNunzio, of the Bennington Police Department, said Leon Hamilton, Drown's ex-husband and father of her three sons, made a report to police July 2.
Hamilton said he was “concerned with the pot smoking and drinking going on when the sons go to visit.”
Two sons, who were 18 and 15 at the time, live with Hamilton and a third son, who is 12, lives with Drown.
In a written statement, the 15-year-old said he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his mother at the house when he
visited but said “weed was the most drug use in the house.”
According to DiNunzio, the Vermont Department of Children and Families was already investigating the allegations when he called them to make a report.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.