Mother accused of smoking pot with teenAugust 27,2013Staff Report
BENNINGTON — A North Bennington mother is facing criminal charges after police said they believed she was smoking marijuana with her 15-year-old son.
Abigail L. Drown, 35, of North Bennington, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In an affidavit, Officer William DiNunzio, of the Bennington Police Department, said Leon Hamilton, Drown's ex-husband and father of her three sons, made a report to police July 2.
Hamilton said he was “concerned with the pot smoking and drinking going on when the sons go to visit.”
Two sons, who were 18 and 15 at the time, live with Hamilton and a third son, who is 12, lives with Drown.
In a written statement, the 15-year-old said he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his mother at the house when he
visited but said “weed was the most drug use in the house.”
According to DiNunzio, the Vermont Department of Children and Families was already investigating the allegations when he called them to make a report.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ political action committee has been fined by... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.