BURLINGTON ó The School Board in Vermontís largest city is looking to the public for ideas on how to shape its upcoming budget.
Throughout the rest of August and September, Burlington school commissioners will be attending school-based events to ask parents and other residents for ideas. The board is also conducting a survey to glean the publicís priorities for the cityís schools.
Data from the survey will be analyzed in October.
Public hearings are set for December and the budget is to be finalized by January for presentation to voters in March.
Board Chairman Alan Matson said the goal is to bring greater transparency and more voices into the school budget process.MORE IN Vermont NewsRUTLAND-Vermont's largest electric utility says its customers won't be seeing any increases in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation