ST. JOHNSBURY ó The school superintendent of a Vermont town says the federal government is no longer going to pay a quarter of her salary.
St. Johnsbury Superintendent Ranny Bledsoe says the loss of $20,000 means the district will have to pay for all of her salary from its regular budget.
Bledsoe said the funding loss is due to a change in federal rules.
Bledsoe told the board in a meeting last week, that the federal the government would no longer fund activities that supplement her job as superintendent.
But the Caledonian-Record reported it wonít end up costing the district any extra money because the federal government is providing $25,000 for school overhead thatMORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation