Anita M. MartelAugust 24,2013Anita M. Martel
PERKINSVILLE — Anita M. Martel, 53, died unexpectedly Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
She was born Jan. 13, 1960, in Springfield, the daughter of Norman and Eleanor (Motrem) Blanchard.
She attended Ludlow schools.
On Jan. 13, 1979, she married Richard “Rick” Martel in Perkinsville.
She was a mother and homemaker, and together with her husband, owned and operated the Martel Body Shop in Perkinsville.
She enjoyed attending car shows and showing her Corvette.
Survivors include her husband, Rick of Perkinsville; two sons, Chris Martel of Windsor, and Greg Martel of Weathersfield; two grandchildren; and two sisters, Jean Andrews of Springfield, and Barbara Stillwell of Claremont, N.H.
She was predeceased by her parents, and by two brothers, Gordon Stewart and James Stewart.
A memorial service will be held Friday, Aug. 30, 2013, at 2 p.m. at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield. The Rev. Gerry Piper, pastor of the United Methodist Church, will officiate. Friends may call at the chapel from 1 to 2 p.m. on Friday.
Burial will follow in Hillcrest Cemetery in Proctorsville.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?