seek info on clinic
BURLINGTON — Six Vermont women want Planned Parenthood of Northern New England to provide information about people working at a Burlington clinic as well as the number of abortions performed at the facility and other information.
The lawyer for the women says he needs the information to establish that Planned Parenthood is indeed a reproductive health care facility, even though no one is disputing that claim.
The request for information is part of a lawsuit filed against the city of Burlington over whether an ordinance can prohibit abortion opponents from protesting less than 35 feet from clinics. They claim the ordinance is being enforced more at Planned Parenthood than other facilities.
Planned Parenthood attorney Claudine Safar said the information request was a “fishing expedition.”MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.