seek info on clinic
BURLINGTON — Six Vermont women want Planned Parenthood of Northern New England to provide information about people working at a Burlington clinic as well as the number of abortions performed at the facility and other information.
The lawyer for the women says he needs the information to establish that Planned Parenthood is indeed a reproductive health care facility, even though no one is disputing that claim.
The request for information is part of a lawsuit filed against the city of Burlington over whether an ordinance can prohibit abortion opponents from protesting less than 35 feet from clinics. They claim the ordinance is being enforced more at Planned Parenthood than other facilities.
Planned Parenthood attorney Claudine Safar said the information request was a “fishing expedition.”MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.