1 arrested, 2 others sought in Vt stolen safe caseAugust 21,2013Stolen safe case:
SHAFTSBURY — Vermont State Police say they’ve made progress in the 2008 case of a stolen safe containing $24,000.
The safe was taken from a Shaftsbury home that November. None of the money was recovered and the case went cold.
In January, detectives learned new information about two people who allegedly entered the home and stole the safe.
Police say they’ve issued arrest warrants for Kristy Morse and Trenton McCray, both 24 and from Cambridge, N.Y.
A third person, Tiffany Thurston, 24, of Cambridge was issued a citation to appear in Bennington criminal court on Aug. 26 to answer to a burglary charge. She’s been accused of driving the getaway car.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.