1 arrested, 2 others sought in Vt stolen safe caseAugust 21,2013Stolen safe case:
SHAFTSBURY — Vermont State Police say they’ve made progress in the 2008 case of a stolen safe containing $24,000.
The safe was taken from a Shaftsbury home that November. None of the money was recovered and the case went cold.
In January, detectives learned new information about two people who allegedly entered the home and stole the safe.
Police say they’ve issued arrest warrants for Kristy Morse and Trenton McCray, both 24 and from Cambridge, N.Y.
A third person, Tiffany Thurston, 24, of Cambridge was issued a citation to appear in Bennington criminal court on Aug. 26 to answer to a burglary charge. She’s been accused of driving the getaway car.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.