Police: Power phone scam in Vt.August 21,2013Police warning
of phone scam
BRATTLEBORO ó Police in Brattleboro are warning residents of a telephone scam that claims their power will be cut off if they donít make a money transfer.
Police said residents have been getting calls from people claiming to be from Green Mountain Power. The callers say they will shut off the power if the residents donít meet them to make a money transfer.
Police are telling residents not to meet with the callers, but to call Green Mountain Power to verify that the power is not being disconnected. They ask residents to call the Brattleboro Police Department if they receive such calls.MORE IN This Just InVermont State Police issued the following press release this afternoon: Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation