• Dummerston killing trial delayed
    August 21,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Caraballo murder

    trial delayed again

    A judge has granted defense lawyers representing Frank Caraballo an extra week to prepare for his trial in the killing of a Brattleboro woman.

    Earlier this month, Judge Christina Reiss denied a similar request brought by defense lawyers who asked for an extra two months to prepare for the trial on the grounds that they were wading through an influx of new evidence.

    In the latest request, filed last week, Caraballo’s attorneys said they received additional audio and video recordings that need to be analyzed before the trial, which was set to start in the second week of September.

    After considering the new request, Reiss decided Tuesday to delay the start of the trial until Sept. 16.

    Caraballo, 31, of Holyoke, Mass., is charged with killing Melissa Barratt, 30, whose body was found in a wooded area in Dummerston on July 29, 2011.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — After sitting on the Vermont Supreme Court for nearly 30 years, Justice John Dooley... Full Story
    BRATTLEBORO — Entergy Nuclear says it has found a potential source of water infiltration into... Full Story
    MANCHESTER — A little more than a week after it was shut down, the website for the town of... Full Story
    More Articles
  •