Dummerston killing trial delayedAugust 21,2013Caraballo murder
trial delayed again
A judge has granted defense lawyers representing Frank Caraballo an extra week to prepare for his trial in the killing of a Brattleboro woman.
Earlier this month, Judge Christina Reiss denied a similar request brought by defense lawyers who asked for an extra two months to prepare for the trial on the grounds that they were wading through an influx of new evidence.
In the latest request, filed last week, Caraballo’s attorneys said they received additional audio and video recordings that need to be analyzed before the trial, which was set to start in the second week of September.
After considering the new request, Reiss decided Tuesday to delay the start of the trial until Sept. 16.
Caraballo, 31, of Holyoke, Mass., is charged with killing Melissa Barratt, 30, whose body was found in a wooded area in Dummerston on July 29, 2011.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation