City man jailed on assault chargeAugust 21,2013City man is jailed
on assault charge
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened a woman with a knife in Forest Park denied a pair of criminal charges Tuesday.
Christopher J. Scinto, 23, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of first-degree domestic assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor charge of interference with access to emergency services.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail at $5,000 and Scinto was released to the Brattleboro Retreat.
Rutland Police said Scinto held a large kitchen knife to the chest of a woman during an argument Monday in an apartment at Forest Park.
Scinto also allegedly wrestled a phone away from the woman when she tried to call for help.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?