City man jailed on assault chargeAugust 21,2013City man is jailed
on assault charge
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened a woman with a knife in Forest Park denied a pair of criminal charges Tuesday.
Christopher J. Scinto, 23, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of first-degree domestic assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor charge of interference with access to emergency services.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail at $5,000 and Scinto was released to the Brattleboro Retreat.
Rutland Police said Scinto held a large kitchen knife to the chest of a woman during an argument Monday in an apartment at Forest Park.
Scinto also allegedly wrestled a phone away from the woman when she tried to call for help.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.