City man jailed on assault chargeAugust 21,2013City man is jailed
on assault charge
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened a woman with a knife in Forest Park denied a pair of criminal charges Tuesday.
Christopher J. Scinto, 23, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a felony charge of first-degree domestic assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor charge of interference with access to emergency services.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail at $5,000 and Scinto was released to the Brattleboro Retreat.
Rutland Police said Scinto held a large kitchen knife to the chest of a woman during an argument Monday in an apartment at Forest Park.
Scinto also allegedly wrestled a phone away from the woman when she tried to call for help.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.