Traffic stop yields marijuana seizureAugust 21,2013CLARENDON — Vermont State Police said they arrested an Elmore teen when they found marijuana in his car in a traffic stop.
Police said Maxwell Cohen, 18, was cited for felony possession of marijuana after a search of his 2007 Audi A-4 turned up 2˝ ounces of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, scales, narcotic test kits and $3,800 in cash, all of which police seized.
Police said Cohen was pulled over Monday evening after being spotted driving without a valid license and consented to a search of his car, which had “a strong smell of processed marijuana.”MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.