Traffic stop yields marijuana seizureAugust 21,2013CLARENDON — Vermont State Police said they arrested an Elmore teen when they found marijuana in his car in a traffic stop.
Police said Maxwell Cohen, 18, was cited for felony possession of marijuana after a search of his 2007 Audi A-4 turned up 2½ ounces of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, scales, narcotic test kits and $3,800 in cash, all of which police seized.
Police said Cohen was pulled over Monday evening after being spotted driving without a valid license and consented to a search of his car, which had “a strong smell of processed marijuana.”MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — With just days to go before the Democratic primaries, and a sitting governor and... Full StoryBOSTON — Red Sox manager John Farrell calls outfielder Rusney Castillo “an exciting, athletic... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Will Rutland Plywood rebuild? Depends on the insurance settlement; Kevin O'Connor reports from the late U.S. senator Jim Jeffords' Friday funeral; state maps strategy to reduce prescription drug abuse.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.