@$ID/NormalParagraphStyle:Vt. man faces DUI,
HIGHGATE ó Vermont State Police say a driver who nearly struck a police cruiser refused to stop and led them on a 90 mph chase before surrendering.
Police arrested 37-year-old Daniel Bjornson late Friday after the short pursuit in Highgate.
Police said a breath test showed his blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
Bjornson, of Highgate, faces charges of DUI, attempting to elude, careless and negligent operation, and excessive speed. It wasnít immediately known if he had a lawyer.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation