Police: Vt. man hits cruiser, charged with DUIAugust 18,2013Man hits cruiser, charged with DUI
ARLINGTON — An Arlington man has been charged with drunken driving after hitting a police cruiser, according to Vermont State Police.
A trooper who was investigating a complaint was sitting in the parked cruiser on the side Warm Brook Road at the end of a driveway Friday night when his vehicle was hit.
Nicholas Woodard, 29, is facing a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol, with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit for driving, police said.
Neither Woodward nor the trooper were injured.MORE IN This Just InHours after a fire at Rutland Plywood seemed to be out another one started and destroyed the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.