Police: Vt. man hits cruiser, charged with DUIAugust 18,2013Man hits cruiser, charged with DUI
ARLINGTON ó An Arlington man has been charged with drunken driving after hitting a police cruiser, according to Vermont State Police.
A trooper who was investigating a complaint was sitting in the parked cruiser on the side Warm Brook Road at the end of a driveway Friday night when his vehicle was hit.
Nicholas Woodard, 29, is facing a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol, with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit for driving, police said.
Neither Woodward nor the trooper were injured.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.