Murder charge dismissed against Vt. grandmotherAugust 18,2013State dismisses
HYDE PARK — A Vermont judge has dismissed a murder charge against a Morrisville grandmother found mentally incompetent to stand trial on charges of giving a fatal drug overdose to her infant grandson.
The judge has ruled that Pamela Raymond, 56, does not need to be hospitalized and can be treated in the community.
Raymond, a former nurse, pleaded innocent to second-degree murder in the 2010 death of her 3-month-old grandson. Prosecutors say the child was given a lethal dose of an antidepressant to keep him quiet so he would not bother Raymond’s husband in September 2010.
Deputy State’s Attorney Christopher Moll said the state may file the charge again if it deems Raymond competent to stand trial.MORE IN This Just InSunday evening, Grace Church initially felt and looked like a festive community celebration with... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation