Woman charged with attacking health care workerAugust 05,2013Police: Woman assaulted nurse
MENDON — Police said a drunken Shrewsbury woman attacked a health care worker after her credit card was declined at an area hotel.
Friday afternoon, state police responded to the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites on Route 4 after Jessica Lennon, 36, refused to check out of the hotel.
According to police, Lennon was so intoxicated she was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. While there, police said, she assaulted a nurse and attempted to assault police.
Police charged Lennon with assaulting a health care worker and violating the conditions of her release on a prior charge. Those conditions prohibited Lennon from consuming alcohol.
Lennon is scheduled to answer the charges Sept. 16 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.