Woman charged with attacking health care workerAugust 05,2013Police: Woman assaulted nurse
MENDON — Police said a drunken Shrewsbury woman attacked a health care worker after her credit card was declined at an area hotel.
Friday afternoon, state police responded to the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites on Route 4 after Jessica Lennon, 36, refused to check out of the hotel.
According to police, Lennon was so intoxicated she was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. While there, police said, she assaulted a nurse and attempted to assault police.
Police charged Lennon with assaulting a health care worker and violating the conditions of her release on a prior charge. Those conditions prohibited Lennon from consuming alcohol.
Lennon is scheduled to answer the charges Sept. 16 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers studying bones of long extinct gigantic cattle, the aurochs, recovered from a bog in Amesbury, Wiltshire, and tools used to kill and butcher them,declare that place the oldest human settlement in Britain. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryWhen she saw a job listing in Vermont, Abby Noland did what a librarian does. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers studying found bones of long extinct gigantic cattle, the aurochs, and tools used to kill and butcher them, recovered in Amesbury, Wiltshire, declare that place the oldest permanent human settlement in Britain.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vasco da Gama leaves Calicut, India, to begin his return voyage to Lisbon, becoming the first European to complete a voyage by sea from Europe to India; on this day in 1949, Soviet Union successfully detonates its first A-bomb.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Scientists call for more research on the temporal and lasting effects of nuclear fallout on plants and animals in proximity to Japan’s Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station where changes at the molecular level were found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.