Woman charged with attacking health care workerAugust 05,2013Police: Woman assaulted nurse
MENDON — Police said a drunken Shrewsbury woman attacked a health care worker after her credit card was declined at an area hotel.
Friday afternoon, state police responded to the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites on Route 4 after Jessica Lennon, 36, refused to check out of the hotel.
According to police, Lennon was so intoxicated she was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. While there, police said, she assaulted a nurse and attempted to assault police.
Police charged Lennon with assaulting a health care worker and violating the conditions of her release on a prior charge. Those conditions prohibited Lennon from consuming alcohol.
Lennon is scheduled to answer the charges Sept. 16 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InBy Brent Curtis Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.