Sex offender registers in ColchesterAugust 05,2013AP FILE PHOTO
This undated file photo provided by the Vermont Department of Corrections shows Timothy J. Szad.By Susan Smallheer
Convicted high-risk sex offender Timothy Szad has registered with the Vermont sex offender registry, and he is living in the Chittenden County town of Colchester.
Szad, 53, whose family lives in Springfield, had been slated to live with his parents in Springfield once he was released from prison 10 days ago.
Szad went to California at his release, but he returned to Vermont Sunday night, and following state sex offender protocol, registered within 24 hours.
One state officials, Jeff Wallin of the Vermont Offender Registry, refused to say where Szad was living, saying that Szad had registered as "homeless" and living in Chittenden County.
Szad was sentenced in 2001 of sexually assaulting a disabled 13-year-old boy in Rockingham. He received a 7 to 20-year sentence, was released after serving 13 years due to credit for good behavior.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.