Veronica InfurnaAugust 05,2013Veronica Infurna
LAKE BOMOSEEN — Veronica “Ronnie” Infurna, 58, formerly of Jackson Township, N.J., died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a long illness.
She was born Jan. 9, 1955, in Newark, N.J., the daughter of Mary Rose and George Rodgers.
She graduated in 1973 from West Morris Mendham High School in Morris County, N.J., attended Castleton State College for two years, earned a teaching degree in special education, with honors, from the University of Vermont and a master’s degree in New Jersey.
Mrs. Infurna was employed as a special educator in New Jersey, retiring from Ocean County schools as a learning consultant and member of the child study team.
She enjoyed teaching all children to read.
Survivors include her husband, Lawrence, and two sons, Daniel and Patrick Infurna, all of Lake Bomoseen; three sisters, Eileen Rodgers of Massachusetts, Mary Camp and Linda Rodgers, both of New Jersey; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her parents and a brother, George Rodgers.
The private funeral Mass and memorial will be at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, 322 8th Ave., 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001 www.alzfdn.org/donate.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home in Fair Haven.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.