Claire P. MullenAugust 03,2013Claire P. Mullen
The memorial services for Claire P. Mullen, 71, a longtime resident of Rutland and formerly of Benson, who died Wednesday, July 31, 2013, will be held Saturday, Aug. 3, at 10 a.m. at St. Paulís Lutheran Church in Proctor.
Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery.
Contributions, in lieu of flowers, can be made to St. Judeís Childrenís Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105; or to the Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763; or to the Foley Cancer Center at Rutland Regional Medical Center, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.